I like testing my browsers to see how standards compliant they are. As you know from my previous entries, Internet Explorer is definitely NOT standards compliant. However, I could not have predicted that Safari would fail the test worse than IE.
And now, the rules:
- No “Browser Warz” tests will be based on looks, it must be blatantly obvious if a browser has passed the test.
- All four browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera, and Safari) will be used in either the latest released version or the latest beta available to the general public, depending on the test.
- No browser-specific code will be used.
- Every test will be available for download.
- Every test will be completely standards compliant.
Browser Warz test one tests the following:
- Gzip decompression
- xHTML file type and content type header
- Base 64 decoding
- data: protocol
- css @include at rule
- <!– vs <!-
- Basic css
- Favicon (Not needed to pass)
- (Only if failed) Asking before downloading