In all of the previous Browser Warz competitions, there were only 4 competitors. Now, there are 26. Now, I hope you’re thinking “26 browsers on one computer? This guy must be crazy!”, because I am.
However, unlike the other Browser Warz competitions, the browsers in this competition will be facing other versions of their own kind before going on to face the winners of each individual competition.
There are 4 things that the browsers will be scored on in this leg of the competition:
- CSS errors (Is the purple header there? Does the body of the page match up with the header? Is the footer matching? Are the horizontal rules hidden?)
- Speed of the 3 tests (How fast were each of the three tests? How long did it take 5 repeats of each test to occur?)
- Total time taken on the tests (How many seconds did it take?)
The 26 browsers are split up into 5 categories:
- Internet Explorer (7 browsers, page 2)
- Firefox (4 browsers, page 3)
- Opera (6 browsers, page 4)
- Netscape (7 browsers, page 5)
- Other (2 browsers, page 6)
This competition, because it is so long, is divided into pages to reduce loading time.