Half the lights flicker and then go out. The little flood lights next to the emergency exit lights flash on and then off. Then they come on again and the fire alarm blares.
This happened today at my school, right after Latin, right before Science. Unfortunately, I was one of the few people who didn’t get a chance to grab a jacket. I stood outside, freezing to death, making jokes about the hallways supposedly being quiet. We saw smoke coming from the windows of the YMCA daycare that’s in the same building as our school. I soon found myself bundled in a yellow plastic blanket with “R”.
An unbelievable amount of time later, a city bus pulled up to the other side of the parking lot. We all trudged through the snow to the bus. Can you imagine over one hundred people on a city bus? It was very noisy.
After a long bus ride with too many people in it and lots of bad singing, we arrived at a skating rink warming house. I made up some latin stories there. Here’s one:
Metellae amicus Caecilii canem laudat. Caecilius est iratus. Caecilius Metellae amicum interfecit. Metella Grumionem pulsat. Grumio circumspectat. Grumio clamat, “que f███?” Clemens est obesus. Cerberus latrat.
That roughly translates to:
Metella’s friend praises Caecilius’s dog. Caecilius is angry. Caecilius kills Metella’s friend. Metella punches Grumio. Grumio looks around. Grumio shouts, “WTF?” Clemens is obese. Cerberus (the dog) barks.
Ok, now that I’m done telling you a story, it’s time to talk about what I did to my blog:
- I backed up my database
- I deactivated some plugins that I never use
- I cleaned up my database, deleting the tables that were no longer in use
- I deleted the pages that have no purpose
- I fixed a problem with wordpress.com thinking my blog was still at llamaslayers.freehostia.com
Now for some random facts about this blog:
- The two days with the most activity on my blog for the last two months both ended in six, January 26th and February 6th.
- There are a total of 330 posts and pages ever created on this blog.
- The old backup system has been taken out and a new one has been put in. The new one not only backs up my database every week and emails it to me, but also uses the optimize function every twelve hours.
- 353 comments have been made on this blog, 102 of which were spam.
- This blog shares a user database with the forums.
- There are a total of 30 users registered on this blog.